Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A trip to the zoo

Alex and I took my neice to the zoo yesterday for her birthday. We had so much fun, and I got some amazing photos. I took a TON of them, and have so many favorites...here are a few to get started. More to come later :-)

Quito the Gorilla
He was quite the model...he kept moving to different locations and posing and looking up at us. Such a riot!
The funniest thing was when he went around the corner and hid in some brush. We waited a long time for him to come out, and he never would. Finally, I said "I see you, Come out come out wherever you are." And he came bolting out of the brush flipping and jumping and running along in front of us...it was WILD!
I know he knew what I said. I just know it! LOL

Quito's head shot
Quito the serious

Oh, you want to photograph me?
Oh, you want to photograph me?

Here, I'll pose by my log
I'll pose by my log

And here, by the brush, that'll look good
How about here by the brush

Wait, I think this is my best side....
I think this is my best side

The serious portrait
Quito the Model

The flamingos were cracking us up too...
Hey, where is everyone going?
Hey! Where's everyone going?

Oh...the sparklies!!!
Oh the sparklies....

We went in the Lorikeet enclosure to feed the birds...
Here birdy birdy birdy

Lorikeet

Black Capped Lory

Alex & E feeding a Lorikeet 2

Alex was so excited to get one bird on his arm to feed....
IMG_8759

And then another one showed up!!!
Alex & Birds

Feeding the Lorikeets

E feeding a Lorikeet

A bird on the head...

1 comment:

Jen said...

The sparkly flamingo shot I think is my favorite. :) Very cool.