Saturday, April 25, 2009

Relay for Life

I participated in the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life event this weekend.
Boy am I tired....but it was SOOO much fun!
Our small team of ladies raised over $1000 for the American Cancer Society so far!

And without further ado....some of my favorite images from the event...

My track sign...I advertised this year :-)
My track sign

One of the teams was selling turkey legs as their fundraiser....they made this turkey leg to use as their track baton...such creativity! I hope they win the best baton contest this year...they deserve it!
Turkey Leg

A team across the track from our site
A team

Relay is for friends
Friends

And creativity...I love to see the creativity of the teams
Creative costumes

The beginning of the survivor walk...
Relay for Life

Survivors...
Miss J!

Survivors

Survivors

Survivors

Survivors

Ms. Ruth

Mr. Wilbur

Shelby is looking great this year!!
Shelby & Family

Not a survivor, but I just loved this photo of Shelby's grandma, Ms. Anne
Ms. Anne

Cheerleaders at the finish line cheered the survivors on as they walked their lap
Cheering them on

I bought this luminaria in honor of my good flickr friend Laura.
Thinking of her during her struggle right now.
Thinking of you

Other assorted luminaria
Glowing

I think the highlight of the event for many people this year was the "Mr. Relay" contest. Contestants dressed up as women, most with makeup and all, and paraded around the audience looking for donations. The winner collected over $150!!!
Mr. Relay Competition

Mr. Relay Competition

Mr. Relay Competition

Mr. Relay Competition

Mr. Relay Competition

The winner!!
Mr. Relay Competition

I just loved this guy on his cart. He was busy too, carrying people to and from everywhere...he was going full speed every time I saw him!
Bad Boys

The luminaria line

The next morning....
If you don't do it...you feel like it...it's a LONG 18 hours...but such a worthy cause!
The next morning....

No comments: