Monday, May 4, 2009

In my backyard

This little tree frog surprised me in the Pitcher plant the other day...he was just hanging out, waiting for an unsuspecting bug to drop by...
In the pitcher

Last night, Hubby called me to the window....this owl was hunting in our backyard! We hadn't seen them in our yard in almost two years, so were really excited! I went out with camera in hand, and he/she let me get pretty close. Hubby had to shine a flashlight on him/her so I had enough light for my camera to focus....then click! :-)
As I was standing there taking pics...it jumped into the neighbors yard, and came back to the fence with something to eat...I missed the shots of it eating though...flash batteries died! ACK!THEN...hubby moved the flashlight onto me...I asked what the heck he was doing, and heard the basket bird feeder on the shephards hook a few feet from me shake....an owl had landed RIGHT next to me, and I MISSED IT!
Hubby said "Didn't you hear it?!?!?!?!?!?"
Umm...No, isn't the whole point of an owl that they are SILENT in flight? Dang..I never knew how silent. Can't believe I missed it and scared it off!!!
On my Fence 1

On my Fence 2

No comments: