Saturday, June 27, 2009

My Flock

It seems that I've been very busy, and a bit absent from my blog lately. I apologize to you all. Summertime is here, and we've been quite busy!!
I also realized that I have little feathered members of my family that I haven't introduced here yet!
So, without futher ado, here is "My Flock"

You all know Yoda, and his recent marriage to his wife Mellow Yellow. I tried to get some new photos of them, but they are more into each other than into me, and Yoda ended up behind the washing machine...so here's my most recent favorite of the newlyweds. We're still waiting for them to make use of that nestbox. Waiting and waiting for eggies :-)
The Happy Couple

And then there's Leia. She's my litte buddy bird, and the most tame. So the easiest to photograph :-)
Hi!

She looks good on purple

It's Summertime!!

Another reason for my absence. Leia thinks she needs to be on my hand, getting "scritches" at all times. Makes computer work more difficult. She's such a spoiled little princess.
Getting Scritches

Leia on her swing

Then, there's Phoenix. He is my gorgeous boy. He's trying to talk, but only makes interesting robot-like sounds right now. He was recently very sick. Had to spend 2 nights at the hospital and everything. He's all better now, and sweeter than ever!!
My Phoenix

Phoenix Update

Phoenix has a girlfriend now. She's too old for him still, so they're in a side by side cage. They love eachother already, and should be able to be together in a few months :-)
This is his girlfriend Ally, isn't she glamerous?
Glamorous Ally

And finally, the babies....this is Chewy (green) and Kashy (blue). Chewy is a boy, and Kashy is a girl. They're still very young. But very sweet and such clowns!
Chewbacca & Kashy

Chewy & Kashy

This is a horrible pic, but I just have to show you how silly these two are! Kashy is a bit of a lazy but bossy gal. So she sits in the food bowl and makes Chewy just eat what he can find around her! LOL
Silly bird!

So, that's my flock. Did you count? Yes, it's seven parrotlets. Such sweeties too!
I hope to have eggies and babies any time. But it may take years. I'm trying to be patient :-)

No comments: