Saturday, June 13, 2009

I lost my sweet bun bun this morning.
Toffee
March 2007-June 2009
RIP Toffee
~When I looked out the window to your cage this morning...I knew. My heart sank to my stomach, and my head started hurting. My sweet big bun bun....you were gone.
At 2 1/2 years old, you certainly gave us joy...raised in my classroom, you were always so gentle. Not once did you bite, or scratch, or act negitively in any way. Not once did you relieve yourself anywhere but your designated place...no matter how long you played with us in the house.
Sweet girl, I'll never know what happened to you...did you have an infection I could not see? were you sick? You acted perfectly fine yesterday evening when I visited with you....my heart hurts as I wonder if the bobcat scare caused a heart attack...you were a big girl after all...face it honey, 17 pounds is very big for a widdle wabbit.
I buried you in the woods next door. Where the wild rabbits are. You're next to the palm tree, in a spot of sun through the canopy.
I'll see you at the rainbow bridge sweet girl.
Hugs and bunny nose bumps.
Mom

No comments: