Thursday, June 11, 2009

Hero

Last night, around 10:30, I let the dog out before we went to bed. I pushed the door part way closed, and went into the kitchen to get the coffee pot ready.
Immediately, she started barking.
Now, she is NOT a barker. And it was her intruder bark. Something, or someone, was in her backyard.
We live in the woods....oh no! Not another skunk!!!
I went racing for the door, calling her to get in the house, hoping I wasn't too late to avoid the spray.
It wasn't a skunk....to my left, a few dozen feet away, standing on top of the rabbit hutch, was a full size bobcat!!
As soon as Charlie knew I saw it, she beat feet for the door, and so did I.
The bobcat took off over the fence and into the woods and darkness.
The rabbits are fine. The bobcat didn't get in the hutch, and Charlie got an extra treat and some pets for her job well done.
Nobody messes with her family!!!

Mental note, dog must be supervised when let out at night for potty.
We've been here 2 1/2 years....this was a first!!
~Hero~

No comments: